Do You Have Questions About Your Child’s Development?
Early Intervention Can Help
No two children are the same – each one is unique. Most differences are nothing to worry about, but in some children, the differences signal a need for early intervention.
If you are concerned about your child’s development, we present the basics here to get you started.
Positive early experiences are essential prerequisites for later success in school, the workplace, and the community. Building the capacity and confidence of families to support their infant or toddler who is at risk for developmental delays have been shown to positively impact outcomes across developmental domains, including health, language and communication, cognitive and social/emotional development.
Families benefit from early intervention by being able to meet their child’s needs from an early age and throughout their lives.
If you are worried about your child’s development, do not wait! The years from birth to age three are so important. Talk with your child’s pediatrician about your concerns.
Review the list of typical developmental milestones
Anyone may refer a child to UF North Central Early Steps as soon as there is a concern for a developmental delay.
Our Intake Service Coordinators are here to assist you in learning about our program.
Kimberly Erickson – Intake Service Coordinator
- Phone: (352) 273-8556
- Fax: (352) 294-8088
- Connect to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Areas: Alachua Co., Columbia Co., Dixie Co., Gilchrist Co., Hamilton Co., Lafayette Co., Levy Co., Suwannee Co., Union Co.
Jeffery Frazier – Intake Service Coordinator
- Phone: (352) 273-8560
- Fax: (352) 294-8088
- Connect to email@example.com
- Service Area: Marion Co.
Please contact Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System (FDLRS)
- Jennifer McBride, Child Find Specialist – Email: Jennifer.McBride@marion.k12.fl.us
- Service Area: Gilchrist, and Marion Counties
- Ms. Terri Pogue, Child Find Specialist – Email: Terri.Pogue@marion.k12.fl.us
- Service Area: Alachua, Dixie, and Levy Counties
- Amber Newsome, Child Find Specialist – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cecelia Ellis, Child Find Specialist – Email: email@example.com
- Service Area: Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, and Suwannee
|Family Resources – News and Events|
|Important Information Regarding ZIKA|
|Letter from the Director|